Sunday, September 29, 2013

Parenting Tips

I went to the most amazing class the other day about parenting and I wanted to share, mor einfo could be found on Vickie Falcone's website, www.parentingthatworks.net

There were a few points that I loved most, she said that kids hear over 400 commands a day, and if were asking a question or directing rather than demanding and commanding, kids would feel powerful, heard, important, and loved.  Getting down to their level when we talk to them, and also using less words.  It's like a sales technique, its better to be silent after having your say, whoever speaks first shows their hand too early and can get taken advantage of. 

I know sometimes I use too many words to try to explain a situation to the kids, and they couldn't care less.  We have to be clear, consistent, and always with unconditional love, and make sure they know there is always a second chance.

Before we become parents, usually we don't go to a school, sometimes we inherit our wonderful traits from our families.  I am trying to discipline yet leave room for their independent spirit, it's not easy, but I love that they are so strong and know what they want and won't back down.

Speaking of not backing down, the OCTOBER CHALLENGE is on, I would like to invite everyone that reads this blog, and anyone else who is ready to look good in their Halloween Costume, LOL, or just get fit after all of our Jewish Holidays.  Please email, coachyulia@gmail.com or text me 323.377.0707 your:

1. Height
2. Weight
3. Body Fat
(if you can go to a gym or have someone do it for you, I can do it for you if you live close)
4. Chest/Waist/Hips/Upper Right Thigh/Upper Right Arm measurements
(get measure tape at 99 cent! or have a friend do it for you, or come to my house :)

I need these measurements by October 1, 2013, and we will remeasure November 1, 2013 - I will tell you mine, I am over mine!!!! My weight has not budged, we will see what my bodyfat and inches are, I know my clothes fit better, and I feel great, but I got to shake my money maker, cardio baby.

Depending on where you live, the winner will get a private session or my Yoga DVD, or I can connect you to someone local in your area.  The biggest prize however will be how you look and feel.

Who is with me?
More Details To Come,
I will support you with exercise and nutrition tips,
Do this with your friends,
Let's Go!
Coach Yulia



 

No comments:

Post a Comment