Friday, September 13, 2013

Birthday, Shabbat, Yom Kippur, etc. etc. etc.

Love my morning shake of almond milk, strawberries, and
Herbalife Dutch Chocolate Healthy Meal - YUM!
This morning I had to go to my Yoga class, the kids have no school because tonight is a very holy day for the Jewish people, Yom Kippur, we start our fast tonight and finish tomorrow night.  It is also Shabbat, our Day of Rest, but when Yom Kippur falls on this day, we follow those traditions, so there will be no guests, no big dinner, a dinner before sundown, and connecting with our deep spiritual self, and putting forth our intentions for the coming year.

Today is also my oldest, Eli Tzvi's birthday, He is officially 5!!! He was born September 13, 2007, but we have been celebrating for a whole month already because his Hebrew birthday started back then, so it has been non stop fun.  Because of the holidays I have postponed his party in his class, so we are going to keep the celebrations going until my birthday October 11 :)

We have a busy day of cleaning, preparing, and running last minute errands.  When I was headed to my class first thing this morning I was so happy thinking, I am YOGA BOUND.  Then I started thinking of the word bound and its many meanings.

  Bound
 
1. Past tense of bind

2. A springy jump

3. On the way to somewhere

4. Limit of a property
 
1. They bound my hands together.

2. The dog went bounding after the ball.

3. We are bound for America.

4. We had gone out of bounds.
 
The positive meaning is when you are headed somewhere that makes you happy.  Not so positive is feeling stuck.  It is really a word describing the ups and downs of life.  Wishing everyone more ups, although the downs to point us in the right direction.  Grateful for it all.
 
Coach Yulia
Shabbat Shalom
 
Meaningful Fast, Gmar Chatima Tova
 

No comments:

Post a Comment