Monday, September 2, 2013

Embracing My Homemaker Role

Life is about change, every second we are different, we are always creating, we become who we are in the moment.  I have always liked to be busy, working, travelling, I love being on the go.  This drive has followed me into my married life with children, it is really non stop and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Thank God my husband and I have the right balance for us, he is the cleaner and I am the organizer, I actually really love organizing, but only my stuff, I could never do it as a career.

With all of the different things that I do, every year has been completely different.  This year I find myself busy in the evenings and weekends, so I am able to be home with my baby during the day.  The kids are at school, he is an easygoing guy, so I am really looking forward to getting my home in order.

Most of you that know me well may be shocked by this, I am so not a homemaker, I do not enjoy cleaning, and I would always choose to be out of the house than stay in.  I guess perspective really gives us an understanding of the other side.  Last year I was working at the office of my children's school a few hours a week, and although I despised 9-5 type office jobs before, this one was a pleasure for many reasons.  I could just sit for a few hours, which is rare when you are a mother, and I loved being in the school environment, learning from all the creativity of the teachers.

I find myself in a similar predicament now, where before I would have been unhappy, bored, or really wished I was somewhere else at a different point in my life.  I am ecstatic, excited, and ready to be home with my baby and take care of my home full on.  I am literally going to have immense pleasure not having to be anywhere, not having to run.  What's on the agenda for today?  Tons of projects at home, going corner by corner, and once my baby wakes up from his nap, we are going to the mall.

I have a return, some Jewish New Year shopping to do for me and the kids, and there is a great play area for kids.

I AM A MOM,
took me 5 years to get to this place,
and like it,
Life Is Funny,
Happy Homemaking,
Find The Pleasure,
Feel Good,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment